By Cheryl S. Grant–
As Breast Cancer Awareness Month kicks off, there are many brands that are making special efforts to help fight the disease and so improve the survival rates in a way – although nowadays those are quite optimistic, check mesothelioma survival rates, for example. One such company is Sparkling ICE which donates a minimum of $25,000 to research facilities nationwide to help find a cure, in addition to aiding local affiliates and communities with more than $100,000 in donations annually.
Sparkling ICE, a beverage of Talking Rain Company, which is also a Susan G. Komen Puget Sound Affiliate Promise Partner, allows each community to select the charity right in their area that they would like to support. Enjoy this delicious beverage they created in honor of the month.
Sparkling ICE Sip Pink for the Cure Cocktail
3 oz. Grapefruit Sparkling ICE
1 ½ oz. vodka
1 oz. lime juice
Sliced fresh jalapeño
Chili salt for rim of glass (Kosher salt mixed with chili powder)
1. Use a lime wedge to rub the entire rim of a chilled martini glass, and dip into chili salt mixture.
2. Combine vodka and jalapeño slices with ice in a shaker.
3. Strain and pour into the chilled martini glass.
4. Top with Grapefruit Sparkling ICE.
5. Garnish with a few jalapeño slices.